Available for Trade (3/14/2010) Cards I Need (12.10.2010)

Friday, November 7, 2008

RETRIBUTION FINALLY!!!

Updated: 11/08/2008 11:05PM

So I was looking at my eBay "Items I need to leave feedback for" list. And I noticed the bad eBay transaction was missing. That irritated me because I wanted to keep that information for future reference of the user. Kim told me about the guy from 3 Point Play who got screwed on eBay without using PayPal and I posted a comment with him letting him know that even with PayPal you can get screwed.

Well I was going around the internet looking at my PayPal claim seeing if there was a way I could get information on possibly suing this guy. I had found out that others who did not receive their items from this guy had gotten their money back because they filed their claims quick. They probably were able to pull the money out of whatever account Donald Short had hooked up until it ran dry. That's probably when my claim came into affect and they were unable to retrieve the funds to pay me back.

Well I had filed a claim with CapitalOne, actually I filed two. I wasn't sure if the first one went through or if it was ignored so I ended up filing it again. I checked my credit card account site from CapitalOne to see if they had responded back to me. Nope, hadn't heard from them. Then I looked at my list of charges. There was a credit for $38.50 on November 3rd. STOP! WAIT A SEC.

THERE WAS A CREDIT FOR THIRTY EIGHT DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS LABELED PURC
HASE ADJUSTMENT!!!!!

HOLY SHIT! I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!! I FINALLY, AFTER OVER A MONTH OF NOTHING DONE, GOT MY MONEY BACK!!!

That may have been the reason why that transaction was removed from eBay assuming CapitalOne actually checked up on the transaction and found out whether my claim was valid or not. Although I never received an email from CapitalOne stating that they approved my claim (at least one that I could find). I only got emails saying they were looking into my claim when I initially submitted it.

I am happy, I am very very happy this situation is finally resolved. I can't even begin to express my elation for CapitalOne. Even if my card doesn't have "points rewards," at least I know that when I am wronged they will do what they can to fix it. They didn't flip it back to me and say "it's not our fault it's PayPal's fault so take it up with them." Nope, they actually got me my money back which is more than I can say for PayPal.

What good are those STUPID guarantees if they're conditional ones? I guarantee to give your money back if we can get it back from the seller otherwise, can't help ya.

So I say screw you to Donald Short and PayPal!!! CapitalOne honored my good standing with them and actually DID THE RIGHT THING.

SUPER KUDOS TO CAPITALONE!!!!


UPDATE: I got an email from PayPal and it looks like they were actually able to get the money from Donald Short after all. But then I got another email saying:

"We recently received notice from your credit card company that you filed a chargeback stating that you did not receive merchandise you paid for. Please review the details of the disputed transaction below and the steps for what to do next."


So I can either cancel my claim with PayPal or cancel the chargeback. Either way I've gotten my money. I'm completely shocked that PayPal was able to get the money back from that loser. I still don't know what this means for PayPal's policy whether someone can pull their accounts out to avoid funds being pulled back out or not. But it looks like PayPal was able to uphold their end of the bargain even though my credit card company went into action within a few days after I filed the charge dispute claim. I guess I have more confidence about the transactions that I do on PayPal now. I actually have proof that their system was able to work. Hopefully, I'll never have to see that again firsthand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What's in your wallet?"

Freakin' CapOne baby!

:-P

Jason said...

Congrats, good to see the good guys come out on top for once.