Available for Trade (3/14/2010) Cards I Need (12.10.2010)

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Confessions of a player collector

I haven't been faithful.

I have lusted after another player's cards.

I hope Donnie Baseball can forgive me...

But I collect Phil Hughes cards. I think he's a nice guy and I'm very hopeful that he'll have a great career. For the sake of our rotation, I hope he lives up to all the hype. I got to see him pitch in the Governor's Cup in Durham earlier this year. I was extremely excited to see him pitch and he didn't disappoint. He pitched 5 innings and struck out twelve batters.

As for collecting his cards, I try to go after autographs and parallels on eBay. But if you have any Phil Hughes cards that you'd like me to take off your hands, by all means let me know. Phil Hughes cards are fairly affordable on eBay except for some of the scarcer autographs, numbered parallels, or By the Letter cards. Then you have the occasional seller who thinks their stuff doesn't stink and charges an astronomical amount for a parallel that someone else has at a starting bid of 99cents.

I hope to continue to grow my Hughes collection moving forward. I dread the Hot Stove trade rumors about the Yankees dealing away Hughes in a package for a pitcher who will be expensive and may not pan out. I really would like Cashman to keep Hughes and let him grow into either a #1 or #2 rotation guy. But he's still young and he has a shot, I hope he gets that shot playing for the Yankees. Until then, I'll just keep collecting them as I go.

These are the cards I've accumulated so far:



Made with Slideshow Embed Tool

2 comments:

Drew said...

nice collection there. gotta love the yanks!

Unknown said...

I've got a Phil Hughes/Henn/Desalvo tri-auto 07 UD exquisite #'d to 35 that you may be interested in...

www.cardboardoverload.wordpress.com