Available for Trade (3/14/2010) Cards I Need (12.10.2010)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What would you do?

I bought this card on eBay with a BIN. Here is the image from the auction:



Here is my scanned hi-resolution version with some markings to point out the flaws:



Now go ahead and open that image in a new window. I've marked the creases with red circles. The one to the left of the "1" is a lot more pronounced than it's showing up on the scan.

Also the card stinks of cigarette smoke but it's in a clean penny sleeve and toploader now so that's not too much of an issue anymore.

But I paid 13.99 for the card. I expressed my displeasure with the card with the auctioneer and he offered to refund my money if I sent it back. He also offered to take $5 off if I wanted to keep the card.

So I'd be out 8.99 for the card. Here is the cheapest BIN on eBay.

I'm on the fence about this...What should I do?

7 comments:

Dave said...

I'd ship it back and get a refund. I HATE eBay sellers that sell cards in bad condition and don't disclose the condition when they sell them. Almost as much as I hate Troy Percival...

Dinged Corners said...

Send it back! Full refund. The stinky card is bad in that dumb, passive-aggressive eBay seller kind of way. You'll never enjoy having it. Not that we have an opinion.

Section 36 said...

The fact that you're even asking says that you want the card. Take the discount, and keep a card of one of your all-time faves.

jacobmrley said...

Just out of principle, you need to ship that bad boy back for the refund. Make sure to leave at least neutral feedback and never bid on his auctions again. There is nothing worse than ebay sellers who misrepresent their stuff. If he had said there were creases, etc. that's one thing. And the cigarette smoke is a whole other pet peeve that's harder to contend with (short of emailing every single seller 'is your home smoke-free') but here it is the straw that broke the proverbial back.

p.s. email me this sellers id so i never buy from him. thanks.

William Regenthal said...

Send it back dude and get a refund. You'll find others cheaper and they probably smell better. About the creases though, I hate it when they come out of the pack looking like that... like that Beckett 1/1 sketch card I got...

Jason said...

Send it back and by a better copy for a few more bucks. Make sure you end up with something you'll love to have in your collection!

Wax Heaven said...

I HATE smoke scented cards but what do you expect from a Yankees fan?

If it is a PC card, I'd take the discount and keep the card.