Available for Trade (3/14/2010) Cards I Need (12.10.2010)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Very Important Phil Hughes Auto

I've recently picked up what I would consider the cornerstone of my Phil Hughes collection. Actually this may be the cornerstone of my entire non-Mattingly collection. It's an on-card auto of one very well known Phil Hughes and some other guy. Never heard of this guy but I think he might go far.

But seriously, I've seen this card two times on eBay and I've been in the market for a Derek Jeter auto. I figured I would only have one Jeter auto in my collection so I wanted an on-card auto. The Jeter card I was interested in was this one which commemorated his passing Gehrig as the all time hits leader in the old Yankee Stadium.

But I found this gem and I HAD to have it.


The back should read "HOLY S@#$! YOU PULLED A FLIPPIN' DEREK JETER AUTO. YOU LUCKY BASTARD!" because that's how I would've felt if I pulled this.

I hope Topps is reading this because this is what a cool on-card auto looks like.

4 comments:

Sooz said...

sooooo pretty

William Regenthal said...

AWESOME DUDE. Even though its a Yankees card.

Mr. Scott said...

How much did you get that one for I have the same card I bought a year ago and got it for $100. http://picasaweb.google.com/Silvermustang322/PhilHughes#5415838265418513010

MarieBay said...

I really love this card.