Available for Trade (3/14/2010) Cards I Need (12.10.2010)

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Packages have been sent, props to be given

Packages have been sent out as of 12noon Saturday December 20th. They're going out first class so you should receive them by Christmas Eve:

Nachos Grande - sent him exactly what he asked for on my Available for Trade page

Saints of the Cheap Seats - Sent me a nice stack of 2007 and 2008 Masterpieces to help me complete my collection as well as some Phil Hughes cards I did not have. I sent him some Indians as well as

Dinged Corners - Sent her 3 A & G cards she needs to complete her set as well as some Mets. She sent a stack of Yankees cards that includes two YSL cards, a Phil Hughes I didn't have, and 34 more Yankee cards. As well as, some Jeter and A-Rods for Miss Kimmy.

The Pettitte Pursuit - Eric has been a fixture on many blogs without a blog of his own. But now he's got one and I'm very happy to link him. I sent him the Derek Jeter Heroes base card as well as a few other Yankee cards. I had sent out the same card a month earlier but apparently it got lost in the mail. Which is unfortunate because I included two Andy Pettitte cards and I'm sad he did not receive them.

Boxbusters.net - I sent a whole mess of Heroes he had on his wantlist. I had won his very first contest when I tried to guess how many hits he had on his site. Out of 4 cards, I pick the one from the 90's. But he sent me some extras in my winnings package:





So thank you to all who traded with me. I apologize for the slowness. I attribute it to my lack of organization as well as general happenings. That and I procrastinate badly. But I do deliver. I have too much of a conscience to purposefully rip someone off. I'm Italian and Catholic, guilt is something I'm all too familiar with.

I also want to give major props to William of Foul Bunt and PA of The Player to be Named Later.

They hooked me up with a whole mess of Masterpieces 2008 and 2007 and Goudey 2008. William gave me a whole bunch of Yankee Stadium Legacy cards that I did not have. I know there are a lot of people who don't collect these and just kinda put them off in the corner. I am
#126 on the collector's list with 229 cards on the OwntheLegacy web site. I hope to someday in my lifetime complete the set. At the very least, get all the Mattingly cards in the set.

I gave PA some Stadium Club cards he was looking and William got the 2008 Sweet Spot Nick Markakis patch and base card that I pulled from my Tin break.

I know I'm linking like a mofo so I should probably wrap things up. I have a Timelines box break that will post soon once I can get it uploaded (hopefully the audio and video will sync).

I'd like to say that it's an honor to trade with so many considerate people. 10 years ago I probably couldn't have fathomed such a thing. But with the advent of technology, many good hearted collectors are able reach each other and help out with their collections. And I think that's pretty frickin' sweet.

2 comments:

Dan said...

No worries. Life comes first. Take care of your things, we'll still be around.

Nachos Grande said...

Many thanks for the cards - received them today (and a post is scheduled to go up just after noon today on my blog.) Thanks again!